Sunday, November 22, 2009

Well, hello again!

"Oh so you are gonna have a blog while you are in Barcelona? That's awesome. Good luck keeping up with it though. That's usually the hardest part."


These were the words that Lindsay told me right before I left California. Sadly, it is becoming true, since my last blog was at the beginning of this month...and about Michael Jackson. Yes, I'm a huge fan and with it being around the release of his movie, it was all I could talk about. Now onto Barcelona updates.

Looking back on the 2 1/2 months, it has been quite a wild ride. I have experienced just about every emotion possible over here, while still looking back and having nothing but fond memories and great friendships. As my time here is wrapping up, I am starting to get nostalgic, as usual. I find myself not only thinking of my time here, but the whole year of 2009 in general. With it being my last year at UCSD, my last year RAing, last year on-campus, first and only college graduation, and the many unforgettable memories that have been captured on film, it makes the idea of coming back home have a very interesting feel to it. In exactly a month, I will be back in the Bay Area and happy to see everyone back over there again. I just about secured a place to live in SD until June, so know I just need to follow up on job offers and make all these plans a reality.

Life is so much up in the air right now. After graduating, I am starting a brand new chapter in my life (one that I have no experience with). Not being busy from 8am-12am with meetings, rehearsals, study breaks, and other priorities is going to be real strange for me in the beginning. Still, as I am embarking on a new journey, I can't forget the last four years of my life. UCSD has been more than a second home to me, which is why I never second guess returning down there. I had THE BEST college experience and couldn't have seen any of it coming when I arrived there as a scared freshman back in the fall of 2005. As I mentioned earlier, I want to return and get back in touch with everyone, including those who I haven't spoke to in awhile.

Whew, that was definitely some self-reflection up there. Hope some of that made sense, at least. On another note, I am having a blast in Barcelona. I couldn't imagine myself being happier here and making some friendships that will definitely last forever. It hasn't been a perfect trip, but its honestly been pretty damn close. SO, since I was slacking for the last couple of weeks, I have promised myself to update this thing daily. Since I have travelled a lot the last 2 months and haven't come close to blogging about them, I may either mention some on here or just wait to share them when I get back. The idea of blogging about every single trip in the past is just overwhelming, which has a lot to do with why I haven't updated this in awhile. Also, I wanna be able to come back with SOME stories!

To start this new promise off, today a group of us checked out this area outside of Barcelona called Montserrat. It's a huge giant mountain range about an hour away from the city and you have to take this ski lift kind of contraption up for about 3 minutes. We were SO high above the ground, so it was a little intimidating when we first got on. Once we did make it up there though, the view was spectacular. We continued to climb the mountains for the next 2 hours and took this awesome picture. After that, we went back to get a buffet lunch, check out an art museum, and spend some time in a monastery. The whole day cost about 35 euros, which was a GREAT deal.

This week will be easy. Three days and then on Thursday, I take off for Prague for Thanksgiving. This will be my very first Thanksgiving that I haven't spent in Pinole. Very strange to me. However, I am spending it with good company and we will be making our own Thanksgiving dinner. Definitely excited.

Talk to you all soon....seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment